more than just another bike blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

my favorite riding partner

Today was a perfect day. I've been working way too much and riding way too little. I crave the long, epic rides that leave you feeling fresh and alive.

Wednesday has always been my long ride day, but it's been tough to get in a good 4-5 hour ride when I run and lift on Mondays -- I'm still a bit sore and fatigued. Today, I just ignored the pain and rode, and rode, and rode. First I rode with one of Brenna-Bella's friends for a bit, then met up with Kim in Woodside. We meandered through Portola Valley, Los Altos, and made our way down to Steven's Canyon. On the return trip, Kim peeled off at Sand Hill while I continued north, returning to Woodside, rolling through the maze, and back to Canada/92. Ahhhhhh....I just feel incredible right now.

On the trip north on Canada, the sun was low to my left and I was able to ride with my shadow the entire trip. I love winter riding because you can see an almost perfect riding partner next to you, especially on roads like Canada where there are walls on the side of the road. It's one of the few times you can watch yourself ride from the profile view for an extended period of time. I just rode and admired the beauty of my partner's perfect spin, high cadence, tight riding position, and fast bike all in perfect proportions. For just a moment, I felt strong and beautiful and perfect, too.

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i like that picture.

rides like that are always so cool, like a little epiphany.

 
At 11/16/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I like the pic too. It's not me. My shadow actually looked cooler than the pic.

Yeah, I think I had an epiphany or two. I also had crazy nightmares last night about a deranged boss who was trying to harm me, a recently deceased cycling friend, and someone I don't even know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home