more than just another bike blog

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I really need a new computer.....


but instead, I got one of these tonight.

Isn't she purty? Of course, I haven't dared take her out of the box yet -- maybe tomorrow.

I've lived alone for almost 25 years. In all that time, I've bought two vacuum cleaners. I think the first one cost about $49 from Sears. I think the second probably cost about $79. So, if I divide the cost of the Dyson + the two Sears vacuums by the number of days since I've lived alone, they're only costing me about seven cents a day. Oh, but even better, I had a 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, so I saved about a penny a day!

Hey, what ever happened to the "cents" key on our keyboards? Did you ever think about that? Has life gotten so expensive that cents are disposable?

6 Comments:

At 11/08/2006 7:09 AM, Blogger X Bunny said...

shouldn't you have gotten a pink one?!

 
At 11/08/2006 9:11 AM, Blogger marscat said...

our friend plunked down $200 for a automatic kitty pooper scooper that didn't work.

i want the cent key back!

 
At 11/08/2006 10:18 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I have the cutest pooper scooper ever.

 
At 11/08/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i have one of those vacuum's! they're great!

i don't use it though. i think i've used it once. but my cleaning lady does. she says it's great.

once i pulled the mop out to clean up a spill and my 6 year old said, "what's that thing?".

 
At 11/08/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

yeah, it would probably be cheaper to hire a cleaning lady.

hey, are there cleaning men? do they wear the little black skirts and the frilly white aprons? maybe that's my solution (to a number of problems).

 
At 11/08/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i think they wear black and yellow bee skirts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home