more than just another bike blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

where are all the road races?

So, I'm working with the NCNCA calendar trying to put together the schedule for all my coaching programs next season. The Tri-Flow program is our development racing program and this past season we raced road races. Not that I don't like crits. I personally love crits. But for a very-first race, I think a road race is a bit less intimidating and a bit more safe.

But, the NCNCA calendar is just bursting with crits for next season. The only road race in the entire month of July is Diamond Valley. Huh?

Good thing I've got a new crit program starting next season, too.

6 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 10:18 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

no berkeley hills!!?

 
At 11/15/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

Yeah, I am critted out, just about had enough of California low budget VP races and crit laced races. I end up spending more time in the car than I do on the bike.

BTW: My goal for next year is LoToJa
Logan Utah to Jackson Wyoming.

 
At 11/15/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Kern!!!!

We're going to paint that town pink.

 
At 11/15/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

Don't tell my wife that, she will want to go and she'll bring a spray gun.

 
At 11/15/2006 2:09 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i hope they have a cold spell in bakersfield this year...

 
At 11/15/2006 6:29 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Yeah, we'll be partying down at Kern with a big team this year. My fave!!! I plan to win the hillclimb, too. Now there's a goal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home