more than just another bike blog

Saturday, November 11, 2006

reason #64 -- why being single sucks!


Men just know things. Like how to fix stuff. It's in their DNA. I think I'm pretty handy. I've even got a ladder and some power tools. But sometimes you still need a man. So, when you're single, you beg a friend or a neighbor, or just give in and hire a handyman.

Today's situation is just stupid. I've got flourescent bulbs under my kitchen cabinets. I've lived in my condo since 1998, and never blown a blub. But suddenly, two of them go. Kinda suspicious that two bulbs in the same fixture go at the same time, but whatever.

So, first I have to figure out how to get them out of the fixture. Off to OSH and I get the bulbs. Home again, get the bulbs into the fixtures, flip the switch, and nothing. NOTHING!

I vaguely recall flourescent lights having a starter from when I was a kid. I examine my fixtures (not easy since they're under the cabinets) and don't see any starter or anything.

So, I'm going to have to pay some handyman $80 to come screw in the proverbial light bulb.

Maybe he'll be single.

3 Comments:

At 11/11/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

This morning I had a "Hunny-Do"
My printer wasn't grabbing the paper so although it had plenty, it kept trying to print and then said that it was out of paper. I called Mike downstairs to look at it...he found a pencil which had fallen off my desk and was lodged in the hole where the paper enters the printer. ok. That was stupid of me. I'll ask him about those florescents as we have them in our place (of course I've never installed one...).

 
At 11/11/2006 9:33 PM, Blogger marscat said...

we always go to the Internet:

http://www.ehow.com/how_374_replace-fluorescent-lightbulb.html

don't know if this'll help

 
At 11/12/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

we go to the internet too.

i'm not sure morgan would be as handy as he is without that internet thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home