more than just another bike blog

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Why Golf is NOT Mountain Biking


I recently got some mtn biking books and also an instructional DVD. DVDs are good -- usually. I figured if nothing else, I'd learn a new trick or two.

This one is called Fundamentals, and it's a bunch of dudes saying stuff like "it's crucial to manual" blah, blah, blah and "cutties are the best" blah, blah, blah then showing you what that means. Of course, there's no step-by-step instruction; it's just one big demo. At least the dudes were hot.

Anyways, I was tired last night. Not only did I ride almost five hours yesterday morning/afternoon, but I taught a 90-minute interval class last night. Yeah, that would just about be a century. Too many hours on the bike to be watching some boring DVD.

At midnight, I awoke to golf on the television. I'm not a big fan of this anti-sport. But this wasn't just any golf, but some instructional show with a blonde chippy getting all teary-eyed talking about how something (love, illness, golf instruction?) had changed her life forever. Whatever!



In my daze of sleep, I was so confused. How did they negotiate adding this golf DVD to my mtb DVD? What a strange combination. Little did I know, Julie had hit the channel on the remote to the golf channel while I was asleep. Silly dog, I didn't know she was a golf fan.

5 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 12:26 PM, Blogger erein said...

You should take a look at Wildflower Mt Biking for Women. It's a pretty good instructional vid. But I have to agree with you about the whole mtb vid thing. Just a lot of teenage dudes on bikes thrwoing down. Not a lot of help on the "how to" part.

It's great they can bunny hop a picnic table, but I'm still learning how to do a curb! :P

 
At 6/29/2006 4:54 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i can bunny hop a twig fairly consistently

 
At 6/29/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I wanna build some little stunts in my yard to practice on.

Of course, I've been saying that for two years now.

 
At 6/30/2006 10:54 AM, Blogger EB said...

Someday I would love to try mountain biking. Between the "back" and the lack of a fear gene I think I'd be a good downhiller.

 
At 6/30/2006 2:18 PM, Blogger erein said...

I hate manualing with a passion. Stupid skill. :P Especially since I can't do it. Bleah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home