more than just another bike blog

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Question of the Day


Ah, that little bike race in my neighborhood. I had considered not spectating today, however I realized that doesn't make any impact on the decision not to have a CAT4 women's race, so I decided to head over and check it out. This morning we had our Tri-Flow training nice & early and got back into Burlingame just in time to see the Pro men and Pro-Am Women (Simpson's title) race. Good solid 4.5 hours on the bike today so I had to grab a pseudo-burrito from La Salsa.

So, I'm rolling around the course and park myself at the end of the Chicane for a bit. The Course Marshall asks me why I'm not racing. I tell him it's because the men in his cycling club eliminated 50% of the women's races for this year. So, he says to me "you'll just have to upgrade." Men, always trying to solve our problems! I, of course, tell him he's missing the point, but then realize it will take less emotional effort if I just roll onto another part of the course.

6 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, those men always have an ANSWER. No matter good or bad the answer is, they will always throw it in our face!!!

 
At 6/26/2006 9:13 AM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

myopic

 
At 6/26/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Myopic? Me or the dude (or PV)?

 
At 6/26/2006 10:03 AM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

hmm...i suppose we all are.

but, in this instance ~ referring to the boy.

cuz, for the most part, boy bike racers are pretty damn dumb.

case in point ~ we were going down the descents at Pesky and this hose job guy in my geezer race starts diving around women 4 riders. He doesn't announce he's coming, or maybe just lay off the gas abit (since he would be summarily dropped on the next climb) ... no, he silently dives under these women's lines and freaks them out. Just because he wanted to be a 'big man.'

what a jerkwad.

I have to follow him a few bike lengths back apologizing to each rider he freaked out. Hoping that they'll not think all bike races have to be this way.

More examples of myopicity = group of geezers i'm riding with have to, HAVE to either ride center line on 84 when there is no one near the bike lane (blocking vehicle traffic from behind), or when they do choose to ride over near the bike lane ... they pass other fields 3 inches from their handlebars.

myopic - a lack of foresight or discernment : a narrow view of something.

bike racers.

 
At 6/26/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger EB said...

I don't understand why it's so difficult to admit that yeah, it sucks. Why the need to insist that it's somehow both fair and the fault of the person getting screwed?

 
At 6/26/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

I am still pissed that they never break up the P/1/2 catagory....

I dont need to race with them paid cyclists and those damn 2's keep getting in my way.....

I fell ya

That and I think more women on bikes is an awesome thing, I would much rather see more women in spandex than men any day......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home