more than just another bike blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

So, This is Jetlag (continued).......

Tuesday morning. Still tired. I've been going to sleep by 9:00pm since I got home and (unfortunately) waking up a million times in the night. Sunday and Monday I was up by 4:00am. This morning, woke at 4:00am and decided I was going to do everything I could to go back to sleep. Made it to 6:30.

Wondering if I might have a little cold. Just a little runny & sore throat and my body aches (or maybe I need to buy a new bed). Been upping my zicam & vit c with the hopes of avoiding something nasty. I just keep telling myself, "I never get colds."

Not getting caught up on work because I'm so darn tired. Not only have I been sleeping too much, but I'm pretty dazed & stupid when I'm awake. But, not stressing about it.

Anyways, did a one-hour recovery ride yesterday. Felt good to start, but then felt a bit off. Realized it was probably because I was a bit dehydrated and hadn't eaten much yesterday morning.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I've had diarrhea every morning since March 20th. Some days it's really bad and lasts throughout the day. Some days it's just a morning thing. I had attributed it to the food or water in Spain, but I've still got it and I've been home for three days now. Hmmmm.

Monday's Ride Stats: 15.72 miles -- 1:06:16 -- 14.2mph avg -- 23.5 max -- no HR monitor. Rode easy (although the headwind on the bay was pissing me off).

Oh, and I was so tired when I got home last night, I totally forgot to do my core work, so I'll do it today.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home