more than just another bike blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

did you ever wonder?

So, I fell on my ass during Sunday's race. That doesn't happen very often (like never). For whatever reason, I couldn't get my left foot unclipped on the rooty-tooty run-up. Boom, down I went with the bike on top of me (and poor Jen Day right behind me wondering if I'm going to roll backwards and squash her). Somehow, I jumped to my feet and got running and she didn't get by me -- impressive, no?

Now, let me repeat this, because here's my puzzlement.

I fell on my ass. I'm starting to see some bruises on my leg, arm.....everywhere but my ass.

Go figure.

6 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 12:32 AM, Blogger funkdaddy said...

So, I'm picturing you looking in the mirror for bruises on your ass. That's hot!

...hose me down.

BTW if you're going to screw up, it's best not to allow other riders to capitalize on your mistakes - well done.

 
At 11/21/2006 12:01 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

cross bruises are required to be mysterious

 
At 11/21/2006 1:20 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

maybe you can't see your butt bruises because you can't see your butt that well even with a mirror?

 
At 11/21/2006 1:26 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Lauren, that just sounds wrong. I hope you're implying that my butt is so little that it's hard for me to see.

Funke, I get in other racers' way every chance I can get! Blocking is my middle name.

XB, there was no mystery here -- I fell all over the place. Well, just once, but I doubt there was much real estate on my body that didn't make contact with the ground.

Oh, and I've got a little tiny bruise on my little tiny butt this morning, just in case anyone's losing sleep about it.

 
At 11/21/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i was actually thinking that it's just plain hard to see your own butt no matter what size. hard to turn to see it - at least it is for me.

i'd never diss your butt lady!

 
At 11/21/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

my butt is smaller than my belly. my boobs are also smaller than my belly.

with mirrors on all four walls, the ceiling, and the headboard, I can see every nook & cranny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home