more than just another bike blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

he's coming up and then I'm going down

I totally forgot that I registered with the Warm Showers list a couple of years ago. This is a resource for bike tourists to hook up with hosts while they're travelling. I was contacted once about six months ago and set someone up with a friend in Oakland. He was young and cute -- why didn't I have him stay here? Oh yeah, he wanted to be in the east bay.

Well, I was contacted last week by Didi, a Swiss gentleman who's touring the world. He's now in north america and travelling north through California. He asked if he could spend a night at my place, and like the kind-hearted soul I am, I offered up my spacious 850 sq ft condo! Well, I also forgot that he's coming tomorrow. And I think he actually plans to spend two nights!

No stress here! I'm not even home tomorrow -- I'm off volunteering with Dennis' kids on a mtn bike ride and then visiting my new friend, Melissa. And I'm coaching the two-day clinic this weekend. And leaving on my own tour heading south on Monday. No stress at all.

Where am I going to put him? Ack! I hope he doesn't expect me to cook for him because there's no food in my house! Ah, but it'll be a fascinating adventure, chatting with a world tourist. Okay, back into perspective now.

4 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

now that sounds like good blog material!

 
At 9/21/2006 1:40 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

agree. videos too, please.

 
At 9/21/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger marscat said...

oops, that was me, not ippoc.

 
At 9/23/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

thats real kind of ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home