more than just another bike blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

vacation planning

While I'd love to be completely spontaneous, having a set time with a limit to ride a given distance requires a bit of planning. So, here are my thoughts. I hope all my lovely friends who live and/or travel the coast will share their feedback.

Limiters: Monday through Friday next week. Must be in SLO by Friday.

Wants: Coastal Route -- I've ridden south three times inland and this time I really want to ride the coast.

Budget: Not a concern.

Bike & gear: Rivendell Atlantis (loaded, baby!) -- will carry clothing, camping equipment, and minimal cooking gear if needed.

Desires: I'd prefer to hostel or camp because it's a great way to meet fellow travellers.

Day 1 (Mon) -- San Mateo to Pigeon Point Lighthouse Hostel (Pescadero) -- 40-50 miles

Day 2 (Tue) -- Pescadero to Monterey Hostel -- 70 miles

Day 3 (Wed) -- Monterey to Limekiln State Park (Big Sur) -- 50 miles

Day 4 (Thu) -- Big Sur to San Simeon State Park (Cambria) -- 55 miles

Day 5 (Fri) -- Cambria to Petit Soleil B& B San Luis Obispo -- 40 miles

Day 6 -- ride hilly century with friends (will appreciate the short day on Friday)

Day 7 -- drive back to San Mateo

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 7:02 AM, Blogger X Bunny said...

are you renting a car down in slo?

sounds like lotsa fun!

 
At 9/20/2006 8:23 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

My friends are meeting me in SLO. I think they're actually driving the velogirlsmobile down with my road bike (so I don't have to do a century on my rivendell).

 
At 9/21/2006 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how cool, you picked a very good time of the year! the best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home