more than just another bike blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

No time to blog...

...it's been a crazy few weeks. Today, I had two clients on the bike, a bike fit, worked on my cyclocross skills, had a phone meeting about our cross clinic on Saturday, worked at the shop, attended the Burlingame BAC meeting, mounted my new Tufo Flexus' on my Bontrager carbon rims (glue tomorrow), built one wheel (pink velocity rim with silver chris king hub and silver dt swiss spokes), shipped a bunch of eBay stuff, played with my dog. That's just today!

Yesterday, I planted my garden for 2006. Yeah, I know, it's a little late. Since I have a patio, I've got a container garden (about 60 pots and several trees and lucious morning glories). Well, I never planted new plants in the spring -- just kept watering the old ones and the weeds. So yesterday I planted a lovely fall garden of reds and yellows and oranges.

It's been a good week. On Tuesday I did an awesome mtn bike ride with a co-ed group. Yup, I showed up to a group ride when I didn't know anybody. We rode up Alpine to Page Mill to Skyline over to Russian Ridge viewed the sunset over the Pacific descended Coal Creek and Alpine. Wow! Long, dusty, fun boys, and riding in the dark (yikes).

I've got a week before I head out on my trip down the coast. Haven't really thought about my route or anything, but it's all good.

8 Comments:

At 9/15/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger EB said...

That sounds really nice. I wish we could have a real garden -- do you find that the pot garden works for veggies?

And if I head back after you head out, have a fantastic trip!

 
At 9/15/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I have a HUGE patio (it's almost as big as my condo), so I have HUGE pots, too! The down-side to a container garden is that you have to water at least every other day so it's really high maintenance. My first summer I planted tons of veggies and herbs. I had tomatos for the whole neighborhood. Haven't done veggies since but I still do herbs.

Have fun in PA. Hopefully the weather will be good -- no snow yet, right?

 
At 9/15/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

I need to find a source for those pink rims for T's bike.

 
At 9/15/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

are you biking down the coast???
if so, lemme know if you want tips.

your clinics sound fantastic. i just discovered the VG clinic site and am now jealous that i live in the east bay, so far away from them all!

 
At 9/15/2006 10:25 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Ron, the rims are Velocity. Check out all the pretty colors. And they're great rims. My road wheels are Velocity rims as well and Last season's cross clinchers. Good stuff!

Ali, would love to chat about riding down the coast. I've done 3 AIDS rides but nothing solo. I need to be in SLO on Friday and am leaving on Monday. I figure four good ride days and Friday off or easy (we're doing a century in SLO on Saturday). I want to do the coastal route and plan to camp along the way.

 
At 9/17/2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

You can get to SLO in one day.
I rode from Monteray to Atascadero in a day the first year I started riding. I was very slow and 20 lbs heavier.

SLO would actually be easier since you won't have to go over the hills into the valley.

Thanks for the info on the wheels. Might make a good Xmas present.

 
At 9/18/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I don't want to ride to SLO in one day, silly! I want to meander and explore. And isn't it like 250 miles from San Mateo? That's not one day for me with a loaded touring bike. Not even with a light race bike.

 
At 9/18/2006 9:36 PM, Blogger Kathy Schrenk said...

Wow, your SLO ride sounds awesome! Wee!

As for the garden, have you tried installing drip irrigation? It makes a world of difference! And it's easy to install yourself, if you have a little know-how. If you want, you could come over some time and I'll show you ours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home