more than just another bike blog

Friday, August 04, 2006

Change is Good.....Change Hurts Like Hell


It's been an interesting year. After taking a step back from certain aspects of my job last summer, I was able to see very clearly again. I've spent the better part of the past three months figuring out what to do -- examining, prioritizing, planning, developing. And now it's time to execute.

I had to make some very difficult decisions. I'm not a popular girl right now. But life isn't a popularity contest. In my heart, if I don't do the "right" thing, I'd rather not do anything. Sometimes a clean slate is the only way to restore equilibrium. So, the news has broken and there are some unhappy people right now. I hope they'll see that these decisions are not personal.

Someone asked me yesterday what process is involved in making decisions like this. Besides the obvious management-babble, I find deep meditation is frequently my most trusted guide. Spending lots of time on the bike alone is the best way for me to meditate. And at some point, the answer becomes clear -- it just pops into my head and is the only obvious solution.

Exciting changes are on the horizon. We're back on track and our mission is very clear. Change is good......but it hurts like hell.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

there you go being cryptic again...

 
At 8/04/2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cryptic 2...:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home