more than just another bike blog

Thursday, December 06, 2007

OMG! I forgot how to brew coffee!!!

How does that happen? I drank coffee for about 20 years. Lots of coffee. Hot coffee in the morning, iced coffee in the afternoons. A couple of years ago, I decaffienated. A year ago, I acquired a latte habit, but I only allow myself one a day and only on days I'm riding.

Well, this morning is gray and rainy and I just wanted to smell the coffee brewing. I keep some coffee in the freezer for guests, so I took it out and stared at the coffee-maker, and realized I didn't know how many scoops to put in the machine.

Hot damn! It might be strong, but it sure smells yummy.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12/06/2007 11:39 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

yumm! i love that smell in the morning.

 
At 12/06/2007 3:36 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

I just bought this jar of instant coffee, Nescafe, no less, to take to Paris because DB doesn't drink coffee. Imagine, living with all those cafes and not having a burning need for a fix!

But I have to have my cuppa first thing in the morning or I stay grumpy for a long time.

. . . Sorry, I just had to rub it in that I'm going to Paris for a month.

 
At 12/06/2007 3:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love coffee and drink it nearly everyday. I'm not addicted, I swear. I could stop at anytime if I really wanted too, right?

Anyway, I'm interested to know whether you noticed you had better focus after quitting as per this post.

 
At 12/07/2007 5:09 AM, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

When I was growing up coffee was made in percolators, which made lousy coffee but sure were great for radiating the aroma. I miss the smell and sound of the percolators, but prefer my drip maker produced coffee. And strong is good.

 
At 12/07/2007 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped drinking coffee years ago, but I still enjoy the nice aroma.
Now there is nothing else better than a cup of hot chocolate in the morning!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home