more than just another bike blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

love is in the air

every spring, a little finchy-bird and her boy-toy nest in the candle lanterns on my patio. this year was no exception. about a month ago momma and pops began gathering "stuff" to fill the glass lantern and make a comfy nest. given the height of the lantern, I couldn't really see what was happening in the nest, but the activity level of both momma and pops had increased last week so I knew the time was near.



I was away for the long weekend and this morning I noticed momma was "feeding" the nest. so I stood up on the patio chair and sneaked a peek -- four little fuzzy-headed baby finches were getting a feed from momma. and on the patio up a story (and next door), I keep hearing what seems to be some hungry birdies. thank goodness my little nest are sleepy and quiet!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5/30/2007 12:13 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Birds fascinate me. I love when they build nests in the houses I put out on my porch.

 
At 5/30/2007 7:51 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i'm always amazed where they make their nests.

 
At 5/30/2007 8:07 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

ewwwww... baby birds are creepy

 
At 5/30/2007 8:34 AM, Blogger Kimberly (aka. DrKim) said...

those are going to be pretty cute when they grow up a bit. Silly how birds pick weird places to make nests.

 
At 5/30/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger marscat said...

you're so lucky you can see them...i'd love to look inside a nest.

 
At 5/30/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I can't really see them. If I stand on the arms of the patio chair I'm high enough that I can hold the camera over the nest but I can't see in myself.

They're very chirpy today when mom feeds them -- it's super-cute!

 
At 5/30/2007 6:44 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

so cool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home