more than just another bike blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

spam? phishing? fan mail?

Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:06:57 +0200
From: piotr.h2@poczta.onet.pl
To: hello@velogirls.com
Subject: Please


Hello!

My name is Piotr Haase. I am 31 years old. I live in a little village in Poland, together with my wife Kate and two sons Albert and Adrian. We are happy and we lead quiet live. I have been Team Velo Girls fan .

I really admire you and I think you are very good in that what you do.

I was wandering if you could. Send me Velo Teams autograph.

I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Your sincelery

Piotr Haase


MY ADRESS:
PIOTR HAASE
STOJESZYN I nr 12
23-310 MODLIBORZYCE
POLAND

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5/16/2007 10:25 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

interesting. google his name. gotta wonder what he does with random autographs.

 
At 5/17/2007 7:49 AM, Blogger yellowbug said...

thats flattering . . . I think in other countries there are people who just collect cycling autographs and they generate lists from odd little cycling websites, we've had a few write in two Roman or I from the middle of no-where on earth.

I think the VG's win this years award for most improved kit!

 
At 5/17/2007 8:51 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i like the email address, hello@velogirls.com.

 
At 5/17/2007 9:39 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

yes, its big in parts of europe. Especially autographed photo cards (like trading cards)

We get these out of nowhere requests too

We also get a lot out of Belgium during cx season.

 
At 5/17/2007 9:57 AM, Blogger chatterbox said...

Strange request. Maybe we need a team glossy with our stats that we can sign and send to our fans? OK, maybe not with my stats....

 
At 5/17/2007 10:40 AM, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

Funny, that would have hit my spam filter.....

and after a few paragraphs I would have been convined that they needed my bank account information to wire thier dead fathers WWII German Gold profits that they just sold....

Alomot stopped reading it in your blog.....

ha

That was a cool twist......

 
At 5/18/2007 1:17 PM, Blogger EB said...

I want a fan club...

 
At 5/22/2007 9:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you make Velo Girls trading cards, I'd like to have an autographed set!

 
At 6/04/2007 2:05 AM, Blogger Stuart MacBride said...

Hmmm... I got one of these too, and I'm definitely not a velo girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home