more than just another bike blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I'm Almost Afraid to Say This.....

.....but I feel good! Really good. I was still a bit off on the bike yesterday, but when I went out this morning, I felt incredible. Already, I feel stronger and faster and wow! Decided to incorporate a ride into my transportation to the chiropractor, and since the timing worked, I went out with the Wednesday morning ride. The first indicator that I was feeling good was the fact that I climbed Polhemus and the Ralston Bike Bridge fast and almost effortlessly. Wow. Anyways, all in all, it was a fantastic ride. Just a little tiny bit of residual DOMS and NO BACK PAIN! Yes, even climbing.

So, it turned into one of those days you just don't want to get off the bike. Rolled around for two hours before my chiropractor and then another hour + coming home. Decided to ride home via the Alameda and rode the entire way northbound (even the 20% + grades that I haven't attempted in years). Wow! I feel strong and am climbing so well. Isn't it amazing what a hilly stage race can do for your perspective.

Anyways, I've been keeping my journal on my PC but I just suck at blogging. I'll try to update everything today.

Ride stats -- 3:18:37 -- 47.67 miles -- 14.4mph average -- 32.4mph max -- kept my HR nice and low (averaged in zone 3 & low zone 3 with the exception of a couple of the climbing sections when it popped up to the 150s -- low zone 4).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home