more than just another bike blog

Friday, May 14, 2004

Life Sucks

Okay, I haven't blogged this week because I haven't really been able to train this week. I'm tired and in pain and cranky and depressed and unhappy and I just want my back to feel better. Argh! Anyways, here goes.

Monday, May 10th -- Bad pain. Should've listened to my body at Berkeley Hills and pulled out when the pain got so bad. It hurts to sit or bend and I can't even imagine getting on the bike.

Tuesday, May 11th -- Picked up my TT bike and made an appointment with a chiropractor for Wednesday. Giana made some changes to my bike fit. Did the team training but my back still hurts, especially when I sit at my desk.

Wednesday, May 12th -- Worked on my TT bike. Had my very first chiro appointment. I like the doctor but I'm not crazy about adjustments. I wish I could remember everything he said. He did say I've got a handful of vertabrae out of alignment (both cervical and lumbar). He thinks the pain/clicking in my neck is connected to my thyroid issues. Right side is very weak and very stressed and tight (hip, glutes, piraformis, back, and shoulders). Wants me to change my desk set-up at home. Did a short ride on my new TT bike (about 45 minutes) and worked on some cornering skills.

Thursday, May 13th -- 2nd Chiro appointment. I can't tell if this makes me feel better or worse. Also had a very gentle Pilates session (lots of stretching). My body just plain hurts all over and I've got a terrible headache. Coached Canaan on the bike (approximately 40 minutes) and it felt okay, but when I'm off the bike I'm in lots of pain. Taught a bike maintenance clinic in the evening and it really hurts to bend over.

Friday, May 14th -- woke up at 4:00am to go to the race and realized I was totally stupid to think I should do a circuit race with a big-ass climb so I decided not to go. Back hurts, but seems better than yesterday. Will try to get out on the bike for a while today and assess the situation. Am supposed to have a massage appointment with Suzanne this afternoon but she hasn't confirmed yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home