more than just another bike blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

uncle!

progressive overload (along with recovery) -- the key to creating physiological adaptation in athletes. yeah, yeah, yeah, I know! it's been a big block of training for me the past couple of months and half way up our nine-mile Page Mill climb this morning the body screamed "uncle!" of course, we had to keep climbing, but it wasn't pretty. I guess that's what happens when I try to log too many 15-20 hour weeks in a row. ouch! good thing I've got a nice block of recovery coming up......fresh and fast legs for San Ardo -- can't wait!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 8/15/2007 2:49 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

15 to 20 hours a week?!!

good lord. that's a part time job.

 
At 8/15/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Damn, that's a lot of hours. I wish I could find the extra time.

 
At 8/16/2007 7:32 AM, Blogger marscat said...

why don't people say "auntie!"

and that's a lot o miles.

 
At 8/16/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

That's why Gianni and I have been doing a weeks worth of training in a single day. Climb to Kaiser, Mt. Shasta Century+.

 
At 8/16/2007 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! san ardo rr...it was fun last year with vg paceline...

 
At 8/16/2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

wow! Thats more time than Michael and I put in combined!

I used to hit 12-14 hours (remember those days Laura?) in peak training time back in my mtb racing days. But even at that, the rest of my life suffered badly.

It sure felt good though!

 
At 8/16/2007 11:53 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

actually, it's my full-time job. about half of those hours each week I was working. not a bad life (sometimes). and luckily, the rest of my life rides a bike, too!

 
At 8/17/2007 9:25 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i don't think i've ever rode that many miles in a week since i've been racing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home