more than just another bike blog

Saturday, February 10, 2007

olfactory surprise

I'm racing the CCCX mtn bike race tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I was on my mtn bike. November? Sheesh! My mtn bike shoes were still muddy from something or other, so I brought them into the house to clean them off. After a good spray & brush, I stuffed them with towels and laid them out on a towel next to my bedroom heater. Yeah, it'll probably be wet at the race tomorrow, but no need to start out with wet feet.

Of course, I could've cleaned my shoes any day in the last two months. But it adds to my pre-race excitement to wait until the last possible minute!

As I'm sitting here, answering email, I hear Julie growling at something in the bedroom. Julie has a funny habit of growling at inanimate objects. She gets back on her haunches and just growls and stares. Usually at something like a drain pipe, a garbage can, or a big fallen branch. But, I've never heard her do this to anything in the house.

So, I go to see what she's growling at. As I appraoch the bedroom, I can smell a strange odor. What is it? I approach Julie and see that she's growling at my mtn bike shoes. And the stench gets stronger.



Yuck! That's watsonville fairgrounds mud (code word for horse shit). Now there's a race I'd hoped to forget. And I think my shoes are destined to smell like that race forever!

Time for new shoes.

3 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 5:10 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

nice picture.

how'd the race go?

 
At 2/11/2007 5:20 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you don't remember seeing her @ watsonville?

race was awesome -- report soon.

 
At 2/12/2007 9:14 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

ewww!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home