more than just another bike blog

Sunday, January 21, 2007

things everyone should know about working at home

If you have a 9:00 appointment, you should arrive at 9:00. 8:55 is okay. 9:05 is okay too.

If you arrive at 8:30, I'll probably still be in my bathrobe. Or I'll miss my breakfast. Missing breakfast makes me cranky and then I won't be very effective working with you.

If you arrive at 9:30, you'll mess up my schedule for the day (and I'll probably miss lunch). Or I'll rush with you and not give you the attention you deserve.

Although you're a welcome guest in my home, there are some things you probably shouldn't do:

  • please don't go into the drawers in my bedroom, the cabinets in my bathroom, or the cupboards in my kitchen. if you need something, please ask -- I'll be happy to get it for you.
  • please don't feed my dog unless you ask if it's okay.
  • please take your shoes off when you walk on the carpet in the bathroom or bedroom, especially if your shoes are wet or if you're wearing cleats. yes, the black spots on the carpet are from someone's greasy, dirty cleats.
  • please don't stand on my furniture (yes, someone really did this).
  • please don't put your feet on my furniture to stretch unless you remove your shoes.
Oh, and in case you missed this, if you arrive too early, I'll probably be in my bathrobe, with unbrushed teeth and an empty belly........so just stop at Starbuck's enjoy a latte, get one for me, and come over to my house on-time, okay?

6 Comments:

At 1/21/2007 5:32 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Will do :)

 
At 1/21/2007 9:41 PM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

I'll bring you two lattes if you let me stand on your table with my cycling shoes on feeding your dog energy bars (and lattes).

 
At 1/21/2007 9:51 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

standing on the table might be okay. I had someone stand on my really nice couch once......in his dirty mtb shoes no less!

 
At 1/22/2007 7:19 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

do people really come early?

 
At 1/22/2007 8:24 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Lauren, yes! I always try to schedule a little cushion between appts, but I've had folks show up while I'm still working with another client. I've started keeping my phone off so we don't get interrupted. Makes me feel like I'm two-timing or something.

 
At 1/23/2007 8:54 AM, Blogger ginmtb said...

I remember a friend walking into the house onto hardwood floors with his MTB shoes on. Contrary to popular belief, not all shoes have soles thick enough for the cleat not to contact the floor. Bastage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home