more than just another bike blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

like a snake in the grass

have you ever had a spontaneous flat tire? my bikes hang on wooden racks in my living room. suddenly, my dog starts wimpering as she lay on the couch -- something's awry! and then I hear it -- pssst! I walk over to the rack with my road bike and hear air slowly escaping from the stem on the front tire. I haven't been on the bike in over 24 hours. it just suddenly decided to go flat. how bizarre! is that an excuse not to get on the trainer tonight?

8 Comments:

At 1/04/2007 7:25 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Have you ever seen the Entity?

 
At 1/04/2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

no, I haven't seen it, but you've thoroughly freaked me out now. thanks, chris!

 
At 1/05/2007 8:26 AM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

No excuses, change wheels.

 
At 1/05/2007 8:28 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I built my wheels. Oddly enough I never (knock-on-wood) flat -- maybe two or three times a year in 10,000 miles. I think somehow in packing the bike last week the stem core loosened up and just gave out.

 
At 1/05/2007 10:17 AM, Blogger EB said...

No, it's a SIGN not to get on the trainer tonight. Semantics, baby!

 
At 1/05/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Yeah, a sign. And my computrainer is on the fritz. I unplugged everything to do a photo shoot on Wednesday and now it won't connect to the PC anymore. Excuses, er signs!

 
At 1/06/2007 9:20 PM, Blogger shawnkielty said...

I don't think I would ride a trainer if I had a poultergeist. Would you?

 
At 1/07/2007 5:48 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

outside always over inside when talking about the bike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home