more than just another bike blog

Monday, October 02, 2006

my life is complete again


Because I can eat spinach again!!! I eat at least one HUGE spinach salad everyday. I've been doing it for years. I love spinach and the world would be a better place if everyone ate it. Spinach is so filled with nutrients -- it's good for the body and the soul!

As a kid, I remember beggin my mother to cook spinach for me. I was a big popeye fan and was sure eating spinach would give me muskels like him. She would remind me that I didn't like spinach, but I would persist anyways, insisting that now I liked spinach. She'd give in and (of course) I hated it.

Of course, it's been impossible to get spinach since the e Coli dealio a couple of weeks ago. I've been in a panic! I know, I could eat frozen or canned spinach, but that's just gross.

So I've waited. I've substituted greens. And romaine. But definitely not iceburg. Wednesday at Buck's Jamis had added a daily special -- spinach quiche, with a side of sauted spinach, topped with spinach, and a side of spinach salad (or something silly like that). Yes, it was a joke, but the waiter did mention that the source had been found and delivery was commencing to restaurants with grocery stores receiving shipment anyday!!!

And yesteray, lo and behold, a restaurant in SLO had spinach salad back on the menu. It was the best spinach salad I'd ever tasted. And today I was able to pick up some fresh spinach at Safeway.

Hallelujah!

4 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 7:21 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i think i'm going to be Olive Oil for halloween. does she like spinach too? i can't remember.

 
At 10/03/2006 2:50 PM, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

count on Safeway to make everything right in the world!

 
At 10/04/2006 9:11 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

it's as safe as it ever was

 
At 10/04/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I hope it's safe. I had two big spinach salads yesterday and two today, too!

Can you OD on spinach? Iron poisoning?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home