more than just another bike blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Season of my Discontent


I've always hated fall. Living in NY, fall meant it would soon be cold and dark and snowy. The days are way too short and my SAD made them feel even shorter.

Fall in CA still gives me the blues. August is one of the few months where I get fogged in during the morning hours at my house. And the sun rises later and sets earlier. Kinda like NY without the snow.

Of course, for the past four years fall has signaled the start of cyclocross, my favorite cycling season. I actually look forward to the rain!

Now, if we could just do something about the short days....

2 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger X Bunny said...

the shorter days are killing me

and they aren't even too short yet!

 
At 8/29/2006 1:52 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

It's the late sunrise.....makes it tough to roll out of bed in the morning when it's so dark out.

sigh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home