more than just another bike blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

Monty the Gay Corgi


One of our favorite spots to chase squirrels is Washington Park. Being Burlingame, there are always some interesting, eccentric characters, especially the dog owners. One of the women has this dog named Monty. He's not a corgi, but I can't remember the breed and he kinda looks like a tall corgi with a longer curled tail. Anyways, Saturday night I'm hanging with Monty's owner and this other woman (who feeds the squirrels) and Monty's owner says something about Monty being gay. What? "Yes, he's gay," she says. I just smile and Julie and I run to the other side of the park.

Can dogs be gay? Googling doesn't give me a solid answer (but it does yield some interesting sites about satanism and tampons -- go figure).

But that got me thinking. If dogs can be gay, can they also be transgendered? I wonder if Julie is really a boy-dog trapped in a girl-dog body. Examine, if you will, the evidence:

1. She sometimes lifts her leg to pee.
2. She always tries to bury her poop by covering it with grass (not very descriptive, but you know what I mean).
3. She humps things (usually me in a play for dominance).

Maybe I should get her a blue collar and start calling her Jerry.

2 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a dog sled book called "My Lead Dog is a Lesbian". It will answer your curiosity...

 
At 8/28/2006 9:46 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

eww...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home