more than just another bike blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

Insomnia

How can I have insomnia when I rode my bike 8 hours on Saturday! I watched the tour last night on OLN and then flipped through the channels landing on CMT for a two-hour documentary on the selection process for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Fascinating stuff, I kid you not. I now feel my life is complete.



I know, you were expecting a Death Ride Report and all I give you is fluff. Here's the Reader's Digest version. Altitude sickness along with hyper-thyroid reactions killed my body on Saturday. I succeeded in completing three and a half passes -- almost 90 miles with about 12,000 feet of climbing in just under 8 hours. I'm not disappointed. Full report at 11:00.

5 Comments:

At 7/10/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i would look so hot as a Dallas cheerleader.

 
At 7/10/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

you look cute in a skirt, olaf

and yes, i have the pictures to prove it

---

good job girl!
why does it always have to be either super hot or thunderstorms for that ride? i have a friend who had hypothermia one year on that ride....

 
At 7/10/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Ah, but we had both.....super hot AND thunderstorms. I bailed half way up Carsen because thunder and hail had started. Lightening struck right at Turtle Rock as we all huddled in the main hall post-ride.

Gotta love it!

 
At 7/10/2006 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

goooo V-E-L-O G-I-R-L velo girl!

 
At 7/11/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger X Bunny said...

smart move then

 

Post a Comment

<< Home