more than just another bike blog

Saturday, April 21, 2007

bike tragedy 101

driving south on 101 from SF, I saw a sight that made me cringe. there was a crumpled white road bike sitting against the median barrier. I have to imagine it flew off someone's car and was crushed almost beyond identification.

but why did they leave it there?

maybe they don't know it's gone.

could you even imagine how you'd feel if you arrived at your destination and when going to remove your bike from the car.....it was gone!?!

the thought makes me shudder!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4/21/2007 4:19 PM, Blogger chatterbox said...

Oh. Bummer. That reminds me of the time my whole bike rack flew off my car with my road bike and my friend's mountain bike attached. Every time I drive past the spot on 101 where it happened, I cringe. The bike rack manufacturer did pay me for my losses, though.

 
At 4/21/2007 5:24 PM, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

That is the reason we now carry the bikes inside; too many incidents with bikes on the outside of the car(s). Ms. Chatterbox can tell you her horror story of the bike rack, with two bikes attached, breaking and separating from the car and floating in the air before crashing on the shoulder of 101.

 
At 4/21/2007 7:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That would be horrible. I can't think of many things that would make me cry, but that could be one of them.

 
At 4/24/2007 5:22 PM, Blogger Gianni said...

My bike bouncing down 680 in my rearview mirror is a sight I never want to see again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home