more than just another bike blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dangnabit -- I'm too young to be senile!!

I've locked my cars keys in my car or lost them three times in the last week. It's almost humorous and I'm starting to wonder if I've been working too hard.

Wednesday I drove to the park with Julie. I was chatting on the cell (ordering a computer) and discovered I'd locked the keys in the car when I returned from playing. We walked home, thinking maybe I'd left the gate unlocked for my dinner guest. No go. Final damage -- one lock-out call to my condo security (50 bucks) and one AAA call (because I don't have a second car key).

Saturday, we built bikes for kids in San Jose. We met at my house and Amy drove me and my friend Skot. When we returned in the afternoon, I couldn't find my keys in my Timbuk2 bag. Final damage -- one lock-out call to my condo security (50 bucks) and one AAA call (because I still don't have a second car key). Oh, and then I found the keys -- in my Timbuk2 bag.

On Monday I drove to the Subaru dealer and ordered two keys. They arrived in the mail today (thank goodness).

Today, I can't find my car keys anywhere. They're nowhere in the house. They're not in the car. But luckily my new keys arrived in the mail today so I can run my errands.

When I arrive home, I put some stuff in one of my drawers, and realize I DO have a second set of car keys. I put them in this special place (not with my other keys). Doh!

I really need next week's vacation.

9 Comments:

At 12/20/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

I swear my Timbuk 2 bag has swallowed up lots of keys...and then magically spit them out at later time.

Senility? nahhhhh you're way to young. Vacation???? Yes!!! Amazing how theraputic those are. sounds like you are overdue..

 
At 12/20/2006 8:29 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

$50 bucks for a gawdamn unlock errand?


fukkers.


go on a vacation somewhere sane.

 
At 12/20/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Nancy -- there's a secret little pocket in the Timbuk2 that hides keys. I turned the bag upside down and still couldn't hear them and they didn't fall out. Happened to me once before when I had just gotten off a plane from a month-long trip to Spain.

Olaf -- lots of older folks (ie folks who forget keys) in my condo complex. unlocks used to be free but I think the security guards were so busy that they instituted the fine.

 
At 12/20/2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

I have three car keys - one on the chain, one in my wallet, and one at home. I have three house keys - one is with Jeni
, one is on the key chanin, one is in my wallet. Why, because i have done the same damn thing over and over.

 
At 12/20/2006 9:54 PM, Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

let me try that again:
Jeni

 
At 12/20/2006 10:01 PM, Blogger funkdaddy said...

Take one of those spare keys right now and duct tape it to some secret place (fender/bumper/etc - wipe the dirt off first). I've used mine at least 50 times...in fact I did it right in front of YOU at my last CX clinic...

 
At 12/20/2006 10:10 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

aaa makes those plastic credit card keys that you keep in your wallet. it's an imprint of your key.

or they also make those super duper little magnet boxes that you put a key in and stick up in your fender.

 
At 12/21/2006 12:13 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I found my keys!!! They were hiding on the kitchen counter under this 80mb computer-thing Erin gave me to transfer all my files to my new macbook. How they got there I'll never know.

 
At 12/21/2006 8:37 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

aaa card keys have saved us a few times

but we only have them for one car and the last 2 lockouts have been with the other car....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home