more than just another bike blog

Thursday, October 05, 2006

rain

Since moving to California, I've thought it unnatural that it doesn't rain for six months at a time.

Dirty.

Clogged.

Unclean.

Swollen.

Like a woman without flow.

But here it is, October, and it's raining again.

As I sit at the computer, I hear the tippity--tippity-tap of the rain in my rain gutter. And it sounds so natural, as though it hasn't been six months since I last heard it.

And then I realize that it's October.

Seems too early for rain.

This could be oppressive.

I need the sun to thrive -- that's why I moved to CA.

La Nina, I hear.

2 Comments:

At 10/07/2006 8:38 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

it's not rainy, dreary, or overcast this morning in Berkeley...what a change

 
At 10/10/2006 10:45 AM, Blogger marscat said...

thanks for the cross encouragement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home