more than just another bike blog

Friday, October 13, 2006

check out my nipples!

I've always been crafty. As a child, I sewed my clothes, embroidered, and did cross-stitch. Oh, and I painted too, but it was a strange type of painting with tubes of acryllic paint that smelled nasty and got you stoned (can't remember what it was called). I knit my way through college. And I dabbled in tie dye during my early 20s.

I haven't had a real hobby since I started riding a bike. Somewhere my avocation (cycling) became my vocation. And no more hobbies.

Before the San Ardo Road Race, I decided I wanted to give each of my racers a little something to commemorate the experience. Yeah, I'm a sentimental sap, but they were an awesome crew. Somehow I got a little carried away and learned how to bead, creating a unique spoke nipple bracelet for all eight women (and myself) with their names and a little inspirational charm.

Well, everyone loved them! So much so that I got a lot of requests to make them for sale. There are other spoke nipple bracelets out there, but nothing very special. Most are just beaded on elastic stretch-cord and don't have anything unique about them. So, I decided to see what the response would be to some jewelry-quality, beaded bracelets with silver clasps and high-quality glass beads.

Introducing velobeads!!!

So, my bloggity-blog friends! Click that link, check out the site and let me know what you think. I'm not giving you any pretty pictures here, you have to click the link. A little QA testing maybe? Check out that paypal link and see if it works. Seriously, before we launch, send me some feedback, k? And if you like what you see, let me make you a little something special to wear on your wrist!

5 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 12:12 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

very festive! they look great.

 
At 10/17/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger EB said...

Those are great! I especially like the ones using colored nipples. Or maybe I just like saying nipples. Seriously, though, muy cool.

 
At 10/17/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Thanks. I like saying nipples, too. Nipple, nipple, nipple!

I just got a new shipment of colored nipples in all the colors....and, I got pink too!

 
At 10/17/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger MoJito said...

i thought they were supposed to wrap around your bikes nipples... like in between the spokes. but now i get there for my wrist. or where ever else they may fit. supear kewl!

 
At 10/17/2006 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, nice....

I like the pink one with the pretty flowers!

This is a great idea!!!

Nipples, nipples and more nipples...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home